[MPlayer-users] no sound playing dvd; a52 error or some kind

James D. Freels freelsjd at ornl.gov
Mon Feb 17 21:15:16 CET 2003

I have a Debian/Sid system with the mplayer debs from

http://marillat.free.fr/

installed.  Most everything works.  However, the sound when playing a dvd does
not play.  the only hint is the following error messages:

a52: CRC check failed

then later in the play stream

a52: error at resampling

Eventually the playback stops with messages about noninterlacing applicable
only to playback of .avi files.

I have tried this with / without alss.  I have a SB Live card that works fine
for everything else.

Anyone have a clue on this one ?

P.S.  I have an ample machine.  I have also played dvds with sound on another
machine of lesser cpu using the same debs and it works fine (different sound
card, different cpu).

--
James D. Freels, Ph.D.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory