[MPlayer-users] ATI Radeon 8500 Vid Card

Mon Feb 17 09:00:11 CET 2003

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, GS Hunt wrote:

GH>I'm looking at an ATI Radeon 8500LE .. seems to be a good choice
GH>performance and price.
GH>
GH>Anyone comments on choice and how it performs with Mplayer would be
GH>greatly appreciated.

resume: either you got perfect mplayer environment like xvidix and xv
with yuv/rgb overlays and no 3D - with gatos or XFree86 drivers, either
you got 3D acceleration and not-so-perfect 2D support - but xvideo with
yuv overlays should work, which is enough in most cases. For this, you
should use firegl drivers from ati.com.

Ask if you have more questions...

--

Vladimir