[MPlayer-users] How to find out "timestamps" of a mpeg stream?

Fri Feb 14 19:42:04 CET 2003

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Arpi wrote:

A>so actually no clean, fast and stable method exists :(

In current versions mplayer fails to detect total time on almost any
mpeg file :( Now I often see something like "00:20:42 / 00:04:23", or
even "/ 00:00:00" in osd. mplayer -identify reports wrong size or no
size at all, however it never worked right. The size it reported before
usually had 10-30s difference with real file time (for small files). But
there is player "plaympeg", from smpeg (SDL MPEG), and
plaympeg --novideo --nosound file.mpeg
reports correct file size on any file I can test. It doesn't work with
mpeg2, however :(

--

Vladimir