[MPlayer-users] Which lavcopts may be omited in vpass=1?

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Feb 14 18:54:43 CET 2003

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 08:39:39PM +0300, Vladimir I. Umnov wrote:
> It's very intresting what parameters of lavcopts may be omited in
> first pass.
> How strongly resolution,scale mode,bitrate and *_mask affect on
> numbers in divx2pass.log?

Resolution and scale are essential; if they change, the 2pass log info
is all bogus. Same goes for B frames. *_mask probably has less effect,
but it does not affect speed at all so there's no point in omitting
it.

As for bitrate, it's possible to use constant qscale=2 or higher
bitrate on the first pass, but this is not well tested and not
recommended. If you'd like to experiment and post your results, feel
free.

BTW, please do not reply to existing threads when starting a new
topic! It's very rude and makes it less likely for people to notice
your question.

Rich