[MPlayer-users] a problem and a question

SoulEdge souledge at brujula.net
Wed Feb 12 15:36:07 CET 2003

> I don't see any mention of requirements for this new gif-demuxer in the
> dox, so i don't know what it does, or what its requirements are.

Well, i think it gives MPlayer the ability to play GIF animations. I just
tried to play one, it barely started to work (crappy colors, only first frame
was displayed, then some errors, then MPlayer crashed)

> > Maybe you guys are lacking some libs in your systems...
>
> Such as?

beats me! Check MPlayer source, the file demux_gif.c might be
linking against a library which you don't have?

Damian