[MPlayer-users] No sound in QT6/AAC movie (faad2)

jqp at park.se jqp at park.se
Wed Feb 12 15:13:27 CET 2003

  Hi.

 I'm trying to play a movie (the Maura Tierny on Conan from
 mauratierny.org) using 0.90rc4 and I get no sound.

 On startup this is displayed:

   MOV track #1: 13486 chunks, 13486 samples
   MOV: Found unknown movie atom SMI  (18)!
   Image size: 320 x 240 (24 bpp)
   Display size: 320 x 240
   Fourcc: SVQ3  Codec: 'Sorenson Video 3'
   --------------
   MOV: longest streams: A: #0 (14062 samples)  V: #1 (13486 samples)
   Opening audio decoder: [faad] AAC (MPEG2/4 Advanced Audio Coding )
   FAAD: Failed to initialize the decoder !
   ADecoder init failed :(
   ADecoder init failed :(
   Cannot find codec for audio format 0x6134706D.

 I have faad2-1.1 installed and it's linked in mplayer

 Using xine I can hear the sound (but not see the video) so there's
 nothing wrong with the faad-lib (I've been toying with playing the movie
 simultaneously in mplayer and xine to get both sound and video :).

 I've seen the same question earlier in this list but there was no
 answer then. I hope I'm luckier.

 I'm using Mandrake 8.2 and 9.0 and everything is compiled with
 gcc-3.1 (MDK8) and gcc-3.2 (MDK9)

 Regards,

 Peder Hedlund