[MPlayer-users] [BUG] libdha/Makefile install does not use $(LIBDIR)

R.Eggermont r.eggermont+mplayer at its.tudelft.nl
Wed Feb 12 10:57:08 CET 2003

Mark Guptill wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 February 2003 6:35 pm, r.eggermont+mplayer at ITS.TUDelft.nl wrote:
>>I am installing mplayer (in a multi-os environment, as a normal user) in
>>my home dir, using:
>>$ configure --prefix=~/local --bindir=~/local/linux/bin \
>>    --libdir=~/local/linux/lib --with-win32libdir=~/local/win32
>>
>>After changing all occurences of $(prefix)/lib to $(LIBDIR) libdha is
>>installed as was expected (with ldconfig error message:
>>ldconfig: Can't create temporary cache file /etc/ld.so.cache~:
>>Permission denied)
>
> That message tells me that you don't have access to write to /etc

That's right, I'm installing as normal user, not as root. It might be
nice to have a check for that before running ldconfig. But that is not
the bug, the bug is that libdha was installed in ~/local/lib
[=$(prefix/lib], instead of in ~/local/linux/lib [=$(LIBDIR)] where I
wanted it...

Greetings,

Robbert