[MPlayer-users] performance vs. wm, or gnome?

Marcin Bukat wodz at soliton.ch.pw.edu.pl
Wed Feb 12 09:05:49 CET 2003

>The only new process I noticed was kjournald, probably because the filesystems
>were migrated to ext3. I don't know how much demand it makes of the system. I
>haven't yet figured out how to disable the process. I tried remounting
>everything as ext2, which didn't do the trick.

I was trying ext3 on my machine (celeron 950 at 1140) and I couldn't see
sagnificant slow down.
If You want to disable journaling use tune2fs program to remove
journaling flag from filesystem.
Last advice - try compiling kernel from fresh sources (not this shipped
with rh8.0) - maby rh added some patch which affects performance on
particulare system.

wo