[MPlayer-users] Can't play DV encoded files

mody at quick.cz mody at quick.cz
Tue Feb 11 11:15:11 CET 2003

Hi,
got strange problem. I use latest CVS version and it can't play my [dshow]
DirectShow video movie. The output is:

Opening video decoder: [dshow] DirectShow video codecs
Total Unfree 1058 bytes cnt 12 [(nil),0]
Warning: DS_Filter() could not connect to output pin.  (DLL=qdv.dll,
r=0x8004022a)
Failed to create DirectShow filter
ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec qdv.dll.
Maybe you forget to upgrade your win32 codecs?? It's time to download the
new
package from:  ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/w32codec.tar.bz2!
VDecoder init failed :(

But I'm sure the library is installed and mplayer found it in configure
phase.

What could be wrong?

Using Debian Testing.

Mody