[MPlayer-users] encrypted stream but authentication was not requested by you

Rob Berquist rberquist at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 9 02:06:50 CET 2003

I've been using mplayer for a while now, so I know this isn't a
configuration error. I foudn this error when I was encoding American
Beauty. It always "finished" after chapter 18.I opened it to view.

When I get to chapter 19, the display becomes a mess. The console
scrolls "encrypted stream but authentication was not requested by you"
constantly. I've cleaned the DVD and the player. This is the only DVD I
have this problem with, and it's always at chapter 19.

I'm running Evil Entity Linux 0.2.5. Mplayer 0.90pre5-3.1. Kernel
2.4.20. Enlightenment.