[MPlayer-users] cannot change volume in -tv mode

Carsten Schultz carsten at gnocchi.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Fri Feb 7 16:12:17 CET 2003

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 03:29:36PM +0100, Artwine wrote:
> in -tv mode mplayer ignores
> keyboard keys "m" (mute), "/", "*" (volume down/up)
> and relevant lirc commands.

Yes, that's a feature :-(  As far as MPlayer is concerned, the TV input
has no sound.  MPlayer just turns on the sound of the tuner,
everything else you have to do with an external mixer program, usually
by adjusting the level of the line input.

Of course, it would be nice, if for TV input, the MPlayer volume
controls would be used for adjusting the line level.  It should not be
too difficult to implement, if you do it, I would use it ;-)

I think, it would be even better, if MPlayer could, as an option, get
the sound from the sound card (as MEncoder does) and then send it back
to the sound card for output (but would every sound card support
that?).  That would mean, that audio filters could be used and
A/V-sync could be regulated.

Greetings,

Carsten

--
Carsten Schultz (2:40, 33:47), FB Mathematik, FU Berlin
http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~cschultz/