[MPlayer-users] 2Gb file limit and ogm

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Fri Feb 7 13:43:15 CET 2003

Hi.

> main problem is: when doing the 3 pass encoding if I compress the video
> stream I obtain a desyncronized audio into the final ogm file. If I use
> pcm as audio code it works all right but the final file size is over the
> 2 Gb limit and so it stops.

??? What does stop? mencoder? ogmmerge?

If you want to avoid that you can do a '4 pass encoding':

1. encode audio with mp3lame into frameno.avi
2. and 3. do the video encoding just like always
4. extract the audio with mplayer into pcm, e.g. mplayer -ao pcm
-aofile audio.wav -vo null -vc dummy -dvd-device ... -dvd 1

This way no AVI should be larger than 2Gb.  Of course encoding to MP3
takes its time.

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)