[MPlayer-users] subtitles format with mplayer?

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Thu Feb 6 18:57:30 CET 2003

On Thursday, 06 February 2003, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > packages anymore. Next release (rc4) will include a free ISO8859-1/2 Type1
> > font.
>
> huh it's new for me (i'm about preparing rc4 right now, so send me that font
> ASAP then)

I meant in my RPM packages. :-)
I looked at the font suggested by D Richard Felker III (Nimbus Sans) and it's
quite nice. Here's a quote from that thread in mplayer-users:
***
Me:
> I see this is a problem. I guess I'll have to include some font(s) in next
> release. Can anyone suggest a freely distributable font(s) for
> inclusion?

Richard:
Yes, Nimbus Sans (n019003l.pfb) or Nimbus Sans Narrow (n019043l.pfb)
from the URW fonts collection (included with modern ghostscript) looks
very nice and is basically a clone of Helvetica (same thing Arial is
cloned from, but Arial is a bad/ugly clone, IMO :).
***

So if you want to include that font, it's fine by me. Shall I send it to
your private address or will you get it yourself from ghostscript?

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/