[MPlayer-users] libdvdplay 1.0.0 released

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Feb 4 08:23:40 CET 2003

Hi,

> However the answer is also no, in that the developers don't object to
> DVD navigation support, as long as it doesn't break existing DVD
> playback without menus. Libdvdnav had some problems that made it not
> work well with mplayer's design, but perhaps libdvdplay will fix that.

Unfortunatelly not.
I've checked libdvdplay yesterday, and it's even worse than libdvdnav.
It uses a callback function(!) during the sector reading(!) to notify(?)
the player about navigation events. Nonsense crap...

But maybe it's easier to adopt (hack / patch) it into mplayer than dvdnav.
But the problems of runtime audio/video track switching and supporting
still frames are still design issues of current code, imho.

> Why not ask your friend if WMP can seek in an AVI? Half the time it
lol

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino