[MPlayer-users] OSD problems in framebuffer console

Jani Reinikainen atanos at netsonic.fi
Mon Feb 3 15:32:57 CET 2003

Hello,

I'm having some problems with the MPlayer OSD in a framebuffer console.
My hardware consists of a Matrox G400 (32mb), which I have successfully
set up using mga_vid, with MPlayer 0.90rc3, on my Debian Sarge box.

I start mplayer with the command: mplayer -vo mga [file], which works
fine, except, no matter what I try, I can't get OSD in the framebuffer
enabled console. I have tried different settings for -osdlevel, but
without luck. I can't get OSD using fbdev, either.

However, if I start MPlayer in X with the same command, OSD works fine,
both with mga and fbdev.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? Thanks.