[MPlayer-users] xvid and Divx5 in the same mplayer?

Brian Hall brihall at pcisys.net
Mon Feb 3 01:23:13 CET 2003

On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 15:49:53 -0800
Corey Hickey <bugfood-ml at fatooh.org> wrote:

> DOCS/bugreports.html] Brian Hall wrote:
> > Thanks for the reply.
> >
> > I built libavcode as described in codecs.html. Xvid-encoded files
> > play fine with libavcodec/ffmpeg, and so do most divx4 (a couple
> > segfault, but that is a different problem).
> >
> > However, I cannot get libavcodec to decode _any_ Divx5 files
> > (tcprobe -i reveals they are encoded with the "DX50" codec).
> >

> Are you certain that libavcodec is being used? Please post the
> _entire_ output of mplayer when you try to play such a file.

Got it fixed.

I had to remove _all_ traces of divx4/5 from /usr/local (header files
and divx4/5 libraries); then rebuild mplayer with

./configure --enable-largefiles --disable-gcc-checking
--disable-freetype --disable-xvid --disable-divx4linux

to keep it from trying to use divx and to use libavcodec instead. I can
now play divx4, divx5, and xvid encoded video via mplayer + libavcodec.

Thanks for your help.

--
http://www.pcisys.net/~brihall
Linux Consultant