[MPlayer-users] digital audio out when watching TV

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Thu Dec 11 02:43:30 CET 2003

> When I watch TV, it just turns on the TV card which is looped into the Audio
> IN which is why I can hear it on my computer.
> I want to use the digital out because that goes out to my main TV in the
> TV room.

What sound card are you using?  If it's an SBLive/Audigy series card, then
from memory only one analogue input can be 'selected' at any one time.  You
might need to load a mixer and set the recording device to whichever input
your TV card is connected to.

If that doesn't work or you don't have one of those sound cards, I think the
only way would be to record the audio and play it back immediately on the
fly.  But I'm not sure how you could do that, sorry ;-)

Cheers,
Adam.