[MPlayer-users] Bug Report - Playback - sdl:esd makes video choppy

Glyn Kennington glyn.kennington at hertford.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Sep 23 14:46:01 CEST 2002

Roman Karachinsky wrote:
> Bug: If -ao sdl:esd is used, then after being paused, the playback
> starts being choppy.

esd is generally not much use.  I have to use it, because of my mono-only
sound card, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else, normally.  It has
some internal buffering which causes variable delays, and that results in
all sorts of sync problems, probably including the one you're experiencing.
Try some of the other output drivers again.

Glyn

--
Can I buy a drink here, or are you just going to throw limes at me?