[MPlayer-users] nvidia bottom blue lines in full screen mode

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Sep 9 00:35:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> I've recently been trying out the TV out on my geforce 2 ti card.
> Everything works pretty well except for one thing. In full screen mode a
> couple blue lines appear at the bottom of the movie. I remember this as
> being a bug in nvidia's implementation of xvideo and a workaround being
ye sit's nvidia driver bug

> in place in mplayer to compensate. But it doesn't appear to being worked
no. there was/is/willbe no workaround in mplayer for nvidia bugs.
it is not our job to fix/workaround their stupid bugs.
complain to nvidia. they (nvidia) told us that no one of the users
reported such bugs, and asked us to remove the 'nvidia drivers are buggy'
from teh docs...  so, let's go & report it.

afair avifile/aviplay has workaround for this bug, mayeb xine too.
they are so user-friendly :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team