[MPlayer-users] audio problems on UltraSPARC solved

Holger Weiss lists at jhweiss.de
Sun Sep 1 21:46:01 CEST 2002

Hi everybody,

I'm on the list for approximately 5 minutes now, so I hope this hasn't
been discussed 10 minutes ago... ;-) I've encountered exactly the same
problem as described in

 http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2002-August/018948.html

(-> video output works fine on Sun UltraSPARC / Solaris, but no audio
    output, only long-duration beeps -- same thing with `-ao sun' and
    `-ao sdl')

AFAICS no solution has been posted, therefore I just wanted to let you
know that using gcc-2.95.3 instead of 3.1.1 for compiling (haven't tried
3.2) fixed it for me, everything works fine now.

Holger

--
"You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'."
 Homer Simpson (The Simpsons, Burns' Heir [1F16])
                                      GnuPG: 0xB8B5D3DE | lists at jhweiss.de