[MPlayer-users] TV Capture and AVI editing - best practices

Bradley Alexander storm at tux.org
Mon Jul 1 22:48:02 CEST 2002

I tried avidemux on a file which I had recorded directly. I noticed some
choppiness of sound after I had cut out the commercials. For that, I may
try using mencoder to strip out the sound, then point avidemux to the
external sound file. Hopefully will have better luck with that.

When I tried to save the avi file, however, I got the following error:

 End of header...

 writing 161423 frames

 **working **
avidemux: riffparser.cpp:384: long unsigned int riffparser::read(long
unsigned int, unsigned char *): Assertion `fread(ptr, nb, 1, _file) ==
1' failed.
Aborted

Note that there was no divx.log file in the directory.

On Mon, 2002-07-01 at 13:16, fx wrote:

> Yes, the first versions (especially when smart copy was activated) were
> buggy.
> There was a lot of fixes on that. It should work flawlessly now.
>
> The only thing is not to start avidemux on a win32/read-only filesystem
> as divx5 codec will try to create a c://divx.log file.
>
> Do me a favor, retry with the recent one ;)

--Brad
Bradley M. Alexander                |   storm [at] debian.org
Debian Developer, Security Engineer |   storm [at] tux.org
Debian/GNU Linux Developer          | Visit the 99th VFS website at:
MCO, 99th VFS 'Tuskegee Airmen'     |   http://99thvfs-ta.org
Key fingerprints:
DSA 0x54434E65: 37F6 BCA6 621D 920C E02E  E3C8 73B2 C019 5443 4E65
RSA 0xC3BCBA91: 3F 0E 26 C1 90 14 AD 0A  C8 9C F0 93 75 A0 01 34