[MPlayer-users] Compilation problem (libavcodec?)

P. Rybin pr254 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Apr 19 19:30:02 CEST 2002

> > ve_lavc.c:70: `FF_MAX_B_FRAMES' undeclared here (not in a function)
>
> Please referesh libavcodec from ffmpeg cvs.
>
> Pontscho

ok, so am I supposed to get a fresh ffmpeg snapshot everytime i get a new mplayer snapshot? I'm asking because a while ago, there was this discussion about bugs in ffmpeg and someone said that one had to use an older snapshot, since the current (at that time) was skrewed. Hence, I thought that since my snapshot worked, i should use it for future compilations of mplayer. Obviously, I was wrong, but can someone clarify the situation a little bit?

Pav