[MPlayer-users] DVD plays (and rips) without audio :-(

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Apr 15 02:39:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Suggestions on where to look at to try to nail down the bug?  I'm
it is not bug - just a limitation
cannot be fixed without rewrite of some major part of mplayer/mencoder code

> Error: 'sb' is not an mplayer option
> command line: -sb
> Exiting... (error parsing cmdline)
>
> With judicious use of -sb and -endpos, it was possible to encode an
> entire DVD, with a number of passes, but now, without -sb in mencoder,
> it has become pretty much impossible.  Was this change intentional?
no... fixed, thanks.
dunno why was it removed, especially as the half of the code was tere the
other half is missing.. maybe someone pressed to much ctrl+y then commit :(

> Another problem is that I've been unable to rip DVDs with subtitles.
it's temorary disabled, will be fixed soon

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team