[MPlayer-users] bluish nvidia sucks

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Apr 3 16:08:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > i've added I420 support to mplayer (codecs.conf) ~ a week ago...
> > and removed yesterday because those fscking nvidia cards fail to work with
> > i420...
> >
> ???
>
> how i420 comes to the YUV image?
i420 (aka. iyuv) is a planar 12bpp yuv format. rtfm colorspaces.txt

> when correct I get
> 640x272x16bpp YUV, when wrong I get 640x272x12bpp YUV!!!

-vc divx4 supports many yuv variants, including i420 (12bpp) and yuy2 (16bpp)
i've recently added i420 to the list in codecs.conf, but it seems nvidia
drivers just say they support i420 but really they don't! they handle i420
images as yv12, so u,v are swapped -> people are blue. is it really so hard
to understand?
so, as a temporal workaround, while you mail nvidia to fix the bug, i've
removed i420 from codecs.conf, so it selects yuy2 again by default.

> has it to do anything to the i420 TV card??
yes, it causes the blue people on v4l too

for nvidia lusers: i suggest you watching films with _green_ people, as green
is not affected by u<->v swap - so you won't notice the driver bug :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team