[MPlayer-users] Fullscreen switching without GUI

Misu Moldovan dumol at go.ro
Tue Nov 6 23:16:57 CET 2001

În data de Ma, 06 nov. 2001, ora 00:14 Arpi a scris:
> > El Fri, 2 Nov 2001 17:36:13 -0300 (ART) Leandro Lucarella escribió:
> >
> > LL> Hi!!! I think it will be very useful dynamic switching between
> > LL> fullscreen
> > LL> and window. As this is allready done in GUI, I think it will not
> > LL> difficult
> > LL> to port it to standar mplayer...
> > LL> It is at least planned? As I saw in the mailing archives is a well
> > LL> requested feature!!!
> > LL> I hope it works in a near future... :)
> >
> > What about this? any answers?!?!?! A'rpi? pleaaaase?
>
> planned in libvo2. :)

Any chance to get even nicer subtitles in libvo2? I mean, they look great
with antialiasing and all the stuff, but their size is different in fs
mode, because of the different sizes of movies :(

For a movie with a 512x384 size I get some bigger characters and for a
movie with a 720x416 size I get smaller characters (using of course, the
same font files)

And let's not forget about using the black band below the movie to
display the subtitles. Aviplay does it, but in a wrong way, I think...

By the way, I got my hands on a 1ghz pIII windoze box and tried to watch
some movies on that with windoze media player and the playa. Both suck
big times compared with MPlayer on my beloved oc'ed 800mhz duron running
Mplayer in Linux.

> A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

We all love you, A'rpi! MPlayer rocks!!!

And maybe it's time to change the name too after moving to libvo2. Like X11Amp
changed it's name in the end to XMMS. MPlayer is too common and confusing
(especially for winblowz lusers). How about a brand new name for your player?
I think it deserves a better one...

And I don't mean a three or four letter acronym, there are too many out there:
XMMS, XMMP, XMPS, XINE, etc. And, of course, without the infamous starting
"X" 'cause Mplayer can play without X, anyway ;)

--
    '